Retail

1501 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd


1501 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd
New OrleansLA 70113

1501 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd

Retail: Restaurant

1501 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd, New OrleansLA 70113

Details

Total Size
3,106 SF
Land
0.10 Acre
Building Status
Existing
Number of Buildings
1
Number of Floors
2
Occupancy Type
Single Tenant
Water Utility Available
Yes
Sanitary Sewer Utility Available
Yes
County
Orleans Parish
Submarket
Uptown-Garden District

Current Listings

Federico Grocery Bldg for Lease

4,000 SF $12.00 Annual/SF

Constructed in 1920 as the Joseph Federico Co. grocery, Joseph Federico Sr., a native of Palermo, Italy, had operated a small grocery store on the same block at 1509 Dryades since 1893. When he passed away in 1918, his sons Lawrence and A.J. carried on the family business and commissioned the new corner building. When initially constructed, the structure had a theater-like projecting sign and a highly ornamented contrasting facade with unpainted hard brick and cast-stone.

By 1935, the store had transferred ownership and was known as Foto's Italian Grocery. It was later operated under the H.G. Hill brand, and then Winn Dixie (which acquired the H.G. Hill chain in 1956). The building was still in use as a grocery store when Gloryland Mount Gillion Baptist Church acquired the property in 1956. It was converted by the church into a child development (Head Start) center.

Constructed in 1920 as the Joseph Federico Co. grocery, Joseph Federico Sr., a native of Palermo, Italy, had operated a small grocery store on the same block at 1509 Dryades since 1893. When he passed away in 1918, his sons Lawrence and A.J. carried on the family business and commissioned the new corner building. When initially constructed, the structure had a theater-like projecting sign and a highly ornamented contrasting facade with unpainted hard brick and cast-stone.

By 1935, the store had transferred ownership and was known as Foto's Italian Grocery. It was later operated under the H.G. Hill brand, and then Winn Dixie (which acquired the H.G. Hill chain in 1956). The building was still in use as a grocery store when Gloryland Mount Gillion Baptist Church acquired the property in 1956. It was converted by the church into a child development (Head Start) center.

View Details
View Details

Commercial Location Score (CLS) is a scoring system developed by Moody's Analytics to help commercial real estate professionals gain a quick understanding of the major factors that affect the value of a location. It's designed as a means to consistently evaluate a location's suitability/desirability for a particular use based on a number of factors.

CIE

Source: LACDB

More Information

©Copyright 2001-2020 Catylist. All Rights Reserved. The information presented herein is provided as is, without warranty of any kind. Neither LACDB nor Catylist Real Estate Software, Inc. assume any liability for errors or omissions.

Commercial Exchange is a national commercial real estate marketplace powered by Catylist.